About the Karagöz lab
The Karagöz Lab combines cell biology, in vitro reconstitution and structural biology to dissect cellular protein-quality control pathways. Currently, our team consists of a group of talented PhD and Master students working on diverse topics to reveal how cells respond to proteotoxic stress.
Successful candidates will
- contribute to the on-going projects in the lab
- be involved in general laboratory organization (e.g. overseeing day to day operations, maintaining supplies)
- test and establish reagents (e.g. molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, generation of stable cell lines)
- perform recombinant protein expression and purification (i.e. bacteria and insect cells)
- support and train the lab members
- be an active team member (e.g. attending group meetings, journal clubs, exchanging ideas)
We are looking for a candidate with
- basic knowledge in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology
- hands-on experience in basic molecular and cell biology methods
- motivation to learn and establish assays and methods
- fluency in English and good communication skills
- Please send your CV, motivation letter and contact details of two references by e-mail to Elif.email@example.com
- Initial deadline for the application is March 15th 2021. If not filled, the review of applications will continue thereafter until the position is filled.
- The full-time position is open from April 15th 2021. An initial contract will be for nine months with the possibility of extension for multiple years.
For further details, please do not hesitate to contact Elif Karagöz